Extra, Extra: Camera Tripod Mistaken For Rifle At School, 'Fast And Furious' Economics, What's That Zac Efron's Smoking?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Good news: The Valencia fire (as of about 5 pm today) is 80 percent contained.
- Courtney Love becomes latest dubious celeb to offer Amanda Bynes advice.
- Zac Efron smokes fake(?) pot on set of new movie.
- Bet you didn't realize that The Fast and the Furious was really about economics.
- Turns out women in LA get the sixth biggest paychecks (DC is first), but they make 91 percent of their male counterparts, making the City of Angels' gender gap the smallest in the country. Huzzah.
- The Head of the National Intelligence Council had his personal MSN account hacked. D'oh!
- Turns out that "gun" spotted on a West Hills campus that triggered a three-hour lockdown? Just a camera tripod.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).