This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Calling All Foodie Fame Whores
- Cringeworthy headline of the day, courtesy L.A. Now: "Teens shopped for party items with dead body in jeep, girl says."
- Calling all food fame whores: Now casting, an MTV series that Eater LA calls "Top Chef" + "Real World."
- A new report indicates the LAUSD covered up claims of sexual abuse by a 4th grade teacher.
- Looking for more stupid comments about L.A. by New Yorkers? LAO will take care of that.
- KCET explains why "Grocery Shopping While Hungry Is A Terrible Idea."
- The LAPD is looking for a suspected child molester.
- Rob Kardashian has been charged with battery and petty theft for an incident with a photographer in March.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.