Extra, Extra: Greasy Crooks, Teens on Meth, & Derby Day Drinking
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Not-so-slick criminals: A couple of guys were busted trying to steal kitchen grease from a Burbank Carl's Jr.
- Culver City might experience a witty hipster invasion thanks to Tumblr's newly-opened offices there.
- FYI: A UCLA study shows teen girls have a harder time quitting meth than teen boys.
- Curbed maps 10 iconic L.A. buildings up for state landmark consideration.
- Uh oh. One of the "Real Housewives of Orange County" is under fire for calling her Latino fiance a "beaner."
- USC's Journalism school had a new leader, for two days, before he backed out of the job.
- Ready, set, drink! Grub Street L.A. has some ideas for where to imbibe in honor of the Kentucky Derby.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).