Extra, Extra: RIP To the Man Who Founded Wienerschnitzel
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- See where Victorian fashion was the height of style this weekend.
- Mashable profiles the Twittering crimefighter behind Venice311.
- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy is accused of beating a 19-year-old inmate in the back of a patrol car.
- The founder of SoCal-based fast food hot dog chain Wienerschnitzel, John Galardi, died this weekend of pancreatic cancer.
- Good news for motorists: Gas prices in the region are on the decline.
- Parts of Joshua Tree National Park have been shut down thanks to a recent problem with graffiti.
- TMZ reports Christina Aguilera and Charlie Sheen are new neighbors.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).