This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: RIP To the Man Who Founded Wienerschnitzel
- See where Victorian fashion was the height of style this weekend.
- Mashable profiles the Twittering crimefighter behind Venice311.
- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy is accused of beating a 19-year-old inmate in the back of a patrol car.
- The founder of SoCal-based fast food hot dog chain Wienerschnitzel, John Galardi, died this weekendof pancreatic cancer.
- Good news for motorists: Gas prices in the region are on the decline.
- Parts of Joshua Tree National Park have been shut down thanks to a recent problem with graffiti.
- TMZ reports Christina Aguilera and Charlie Sheen are new neighbors.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).