This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Would You Pay Extra For A Nicer Jail Cell?
- Some jailed folks in Glendale don't mind paying a little extra
- 6 boaters were rescued after their boat capsized near Cabrillo Beach
- In which I start to feel kind of sorry for Kim Kardashian
- Car2Go is trying to bring car-sharing to the South Bay
- Starvation, not radiation, is likely what is killing those sea lion pups
- A study says that taking an active roll in mass shootings is better than being passive
- Grandma plotted to murder her husband with her grandson
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).