Extra, Extra: 2,305 Golf Balls Falling From the Sky
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The L.A. Times has hired a new online columnist who'll cover life in California.
- NoHo's popular Federal Bar is opening up a second location in Long Beach.
- Speaking of Long Beach, one community is bracing themselves for the "youthing up" of their area thanks to the impending arrival of a place called Taco Beach.
- Venerable showbiz rag, Variety, will stop their printed publication.
- Find out why 2,305 golf balls were dropped from the sky--well, from a helicopter--in Costa Mesa.
- How about some mega excitement in Hollywood? Like a new parking garage opening!
- Local mixologists share how to make 5 Classic Cocktails with Caroline on Crack (and now you!).
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).