Extra, Extra: 2,305 Golf Balls Falling From the Sky
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The L.A. Times has hired a new online columnist who'll cover life in California.
- NoHo's popular Federal Bar is opening up a second location in Long Beach.
- Speaking of Long Beach, one community is bracing themselves for the "youthing up" of their area thanks to the impending arrival of a place called Taco Beach.
- Venerable showbiz rag, Variety, will stop their printed publication.
- Find out why 2,305 golf balls were dropped from the sky--well, from a helicopter--in Costa Mesa.
- How about some mega excitement in Hollywood? Like a new parking garage opening!
- Local mixologists share how to make 5 Classic Cocktails with Caroline on Crack (and now you!).
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).