This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Downtown Panorama, A Cure For HIV & Latest Poll Numbers For The Mayoral Primary
- Just what it says: an epic panorama of downtown
- Long Beach is temporarily banning new crematoriums and mortuaries
- Eric Garcetti and Wendy Greuel are neck and neck in the mayoral race
- A baby born with HIV has been cured
- No one looks good in this dumb lawsuit a professor filed against James Franco
- Is disco good for Holocaust survivors?
- Dennis Rodman is delivering messages from North Korea to Obama
- 15 Chihuahuas were ditched at a Pasadena shelter
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).