Extra, Extra: LAUSD Teacher Retires At Age 94
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- One of the nation's oldest teachers retired after 63 years in the classroom
- Don't worry, guys, everyone loves the Onion
- Jennifer Lawrence's wardrobe (including a sports bra) from Silver Linings Playbook" got a lotta money at auction
- Anne Hathaway threw a fit at an Oscars rehearsal when she found out Amanda Seyfried was wearing a dress just like hers
- Florida legislators want to expand the infamous "Stand Your Ground" law
- In other Florida news, here's an explainer about why the state has so many (scary!) sinkholes
- Rihanna calls her relationship with Chris Brown more grown up and a "fresh start"
- Hidden LA is suing Los Angeles Magazine in a trademark case
- $750K of whisky was accidentally flushed down the drain
- Our take on this story: optimists die younger
- Moms are great, except when they're not
- Photos of Michael Jackson hanging out in 1980s Brooklyn
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).