Extra, Extra: When FDR Pitched in at the Oscars
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Think First Lady Michelle Obama's Oscar appearance was cool? Listen to FDR at the 1941 Academy Awards.
- San Diego is getting its own "Ciclavia"-inspired event in August.
- Looks like wealthy widow Candy Spelling is being evicted from her post condo.
- In Burbank, a paraplegic man was injured when he was struck by a car as he crossed the street.
- Yikes: A former Cudahy City Councilman gets jail time for extortion and bribery.
- Geek Out! Here is Los Angeles’ transportation history in an interactive timeline & chart!
- If you're wondering what's become of Mike Damone from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," the answer is, he's running a coffee spot in NoHo now.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).