This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Tuberculosis Breaks Out On Skid Row
- The CDC is responding to the TB outbreak downtown
- A straight student complains that he was bullied and called "gay" in his high school yearbook
- Nate Silver attempts to predict the Oscars
- The artist formerly known as Jermaine Jackson changed his name (slightly)
- Visual effects workers are going to fly a banner over the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood
- Jimmy Kimmel vs. toddler
- Thanks to young women, the Mormon Church is really going to grow
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).