This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Caltech Wins Its First Baseball Game Since 2003
- The story behind Bey's half-time look
- Congrats! Yesterday Caltech's baseball team won its first game in a decade
- Oil company begins clearing nature preserve in Whittier
- Amazing photos of daredevil wing-walkers
- Funny stories of selling homes to the super-rich of Los Angeles
- Scientology's 15 largest properties
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
And here's a flashback to a Super Bowl of 1973: