This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Who Wants To Be A Hipster Slave?
- This Craigslist ad offering work in exchange for rent might be illegal
- Is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar a thoughtful TV critic?
- San Diego has a Seal Cam!
- Soon there will be more Hispanics than whites in California (duhhhhh)
- Streetsblog thinks Mayor V is a very strong candidate—on the issues—for the head of USDOT
- Ronaiah Tuiasosopo says he had feelings for the man he duped
- 6 Bell officials have been charged with corruption
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).