This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Right-Wing Texas Billionaire Pours Money Into L.A. Mayoral Race
- Conservative billionaire Harold Simmons ponied up another $500,000 to back Republican mayoral candidate Kevin James
- The L.A. Daily News publisher kicked in considerably less for James, too, but he swears it won't affect the newspaper's coverage
- Liberty Ross filed for divorce from her philandering hubby Rupert Sanders, who was caught canoodling with Kristen Stewart
- The screenwriter of Grosse Point Blank died
- More speculation about whether Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa could land a spot in Obama's cabinet
- Did your calamari come from a pig's rectum? NO!
- The connection between JPL and Scientology
- Tina Turner could give up her U.S. Citizenship
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).