Extra, Extra: Right-Wing Texas Billionaire Pours Money Into L.A. Mayoral Race
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Conservative billionaire Harold Simmons ponied up another $500,000 to back Republican mayoral candidate Kevin James
- The L.A. Daily News publisher kicked in considerably less for James, too, but he swears it won't affect the newspaper's coverage
- Liberty Ross filed for divorce from her philandering hubby Rupert Sanders, who was caught canoodling with Kristen Stewart
- The screenwriter of Grosse Point Blank died
- More speculation about whether Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa could land a spot in Obama's cabinet
- Did your calamari come from a pig's rectum? NO!
- The connection between JPL and Scientology
- Tina Turner could give up her U.S. Citizenship
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).