This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: It's Not Easy Being a Californian
- What happens when you're watching an episode of Monk and see a Metrolink train, ruining your suspension of disbelief? You've got a California problem
- What happens when your naked neighbor refuses to shut her blinds? Thatz not okay
- Lawmakers want to charge rape victims with "evidence tampering" if they have an abortion
- Men really do feel sicker when they have the flu
- A hate crime victim at UCLA spoke outabout his attack
- Rich people in Laguna Beach are pissed about trees
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).