This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: OC's Racist Past
- The OC Weekly explores places named after klansmen
- Tiger Woods proposed to his ex-wife
- Parents demand a charter in the first-ever LAUSD trigger campaign
- Joan Rivers won a privacy suit in court
- Mayoral candidate Eric Garcetti challenged his opponent Wendy Gruel over outside spending
- We've never heard the phrase "bike smut"...until now
- Paris Hilton got $300K to appear on a Danish TV show
- "30 Rock" characters we've been missing
- Anne Hathaway apologized to Claire Danes over her "Homeland" skit on SNL
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).