Extra, Extra: What's Your Malfunction?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Fear not! It was just a malfunction that sent a plume of smoke up from the Cheveron refinery in El Segundo today.
- Things got a little rough and tumble outside of a Burbank bar.
- Hooray for Hollywood! Visual effects veteran Bill Taylor will be honored by the Academy.
- The Gerald Desmond Bridge is being replaced. Oh, with another bridge, of course.
- Something kinda special is being cooked up for inside Mozza.
- A Torrance man has admitted to killing his wife in 1981. But he swears it was an accident.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).