This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: What's Your Malfunction?
- Fear not! It was just a malfunction that sent a plume of smoke up from the Cheveron refinery in El Segundo today.
- Things got a little rough and tumble outside of a Burbank bar.
- Hooray for Hollywood! Visual effects veteran Bill Taylor will be honored by the Academy.
- The Gerald Desmond Bridge is being replaced. Oh, with another bridge, of course.
- Something kinda special is being cooked up for inside Mozza.
- A Torrance man has admitted to killing his wife in 1981. But he swears it was an accident.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).