This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: What A Top City Official Was Doing While Her Daughter Wandered City Hall
- Board of Public Works prez Andrea Alarcon was hanging out at a hotel while her 11-year-old daughter was wandering around City Hall at 11 pm one Friday night
- So what's up with that port strike?
- Is California really the worst-run state? This survey says yes.
- How Santa Monica fought a party house
- Oh look, it's a MittFlurry
- Man arrested for allegedly embezzling millions from a Santa Ana bakery
- Mayim Bialik and her hubby are officially headed for Splitsville
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.