Extra Extra: Panty Bandit, Chatsworth Shooting, and a Brit Obit???
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Update on why Ventura Blvd. in Studio City was shut down this afternoon by the LAPD: according to the North Hollywood Police Division, the shooting took place at De Soto Ave and Gresham St. in Chatsworth. Later, the suspect's car was found at the Studio City 7-11, prompting the LAPD shut down the area to search (hence all the helicopters). The suspect was later found in the city of Fontana and was arrested without incident. That is what we call a BUSY DAY.
- And this is what happens when you build a bunch of new condos and raise all the rents: North Hollywood is making an effort to preserve its Arts District by making sure all the artists don't move out.
- Man, Dov Charney's all up in my ass crack! Er, I should say, these American Apparel brand thong underpants are really giving me a wedgie-ache -- maybe Charney should put his ass-cheeks in another man's underpants before he gets his skinny butt sued from here to Downtown.
- Speaking of underpants, there's a Panty Thief on the loose in Palm Springs!! "'He cleaned me out of my Hustler line, all my crotchless panties, g-strings, corsets and bustiers and costumes,' said Bonnie Reiss, owner of Sensuality, A Store for Her."
- What issues are important to the African-American LGBT community this election season? NPR goes to Los Angeles to talk with local bloggers and find out.
- John Edwards hit up Los Angeles today on his campaign tour, where he spoke to a local union, while Hillary Clinton went to church in Compton.
- Apple users are full of themselves: file this in Tell Me Something I Don't Know. They also tend to throw around words like "intuitive" and "aesthetics" when referring to their computers; I throw around words like "douchebag" and "I hate you, you stupid elitist posers!"*
- The AP has written Britney's obituary already.
- Spiderman and Mary Jane broke up! Is Wonder Woman single?
Photo by os! via Flickr