This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Sheriff's Officers Trade Photos Of Bloodied Suspects
- A sergeant and a deputy traded photos of suspects they beat up
- A local GOP candidate has its own super-PAC
- The New York Times makes fun of angry, toll-paying Angelenos, forgets to mention its favorite cliche: how we all love painting our nails in traffic
- Don't worry, guys, former mayor Richard Riordan did not have a heart attack
- More than 100 children were adopted at a recent event in Monterey Park
- A man in San Diego was arrested on suspicion of murdering and dismembering his wife
- 6 people were injured after two police helicopters collided in Pasadena
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber haven't completely called it quits
- A secret history of Monopoly
- Kaiser Permanente lays off 530 employees in Southern California
- DNA helps solve a case from 2000
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.