Extra, Extra: An Oopsies at Blipsy's, Zombie Strippers Suit, and The Idle Hour Idles
LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- West Coast Sound reports that a car drove through Blipsy Barcade...but the LAPD have no record of the incident that's closed down the place.
- Santa Monica has applied for funding to do a study to measure the well-being of its residents.
- A free Vans skate park is in the works in Huntington Beach.
- Headline of the day, courtesy the OC Weekly: "Jenna Jameson Must Produce a lot of Bones; $92,000 Judgment in Zombie Strippers Suit"
- Feds say they busted a teen girl carrying $35,000 worth of meth with her on the SoCal side of the U.S./Mexico border.
- Pasadena is contemplating allowing an NFL team to use the Rose Bowl.
- Eater LA catches us up on the (lack of) progress on the redo of the Idle Hour Cafe in NoHo; it's still a year out from getting going.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).