This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: We Won't Mention the Election Here
- Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson were spotted at Disneyland, but they were working, not playing. Hanks plays Walt Disney and Thompson author P.L. Travers in a movie filming at Disneyland about the making of the movie "Mary Poppins."
- Fewer flights will be coming and going out of the Ontario Airport in 2013.
- Ever hear of Gingerbread Oreos? Stick a Fork In It knows where to find them.
- CurbedLA explains "Everything You Need to Know About New 110 and 10 Toll Lanes"
- LA I'm Yours points us to WEHOVille's "Ask a Gay" column.
- Why you should set your Instagram account to "private," according to Mashable.
- A former CAA agent is suing his ex-employer, claiming he's owed $5 million in unpaid bonuses.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.