This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Registered Republicans Are A Rarer Breed In Golden State
- Registered GOP members make up only 29 percent of registered voters in California, down from 31 percent four years ago
- Oh goodie: Bristol Palin and her reality show won a lawsuit against that one dude who heckled her at Saddle Ranch and then claimed he had been defamed
- Authorities are looking for the driver who hit and killed an 80-year-old lady in Irwindale before fleeing
- The Santa Anas are back
- Ack! Single women could help decide the election
- After the storm: Louis C.K. sends a letter to NYC from SNL
- A really long story about how Adam Lambert dared to not take a picture with a fan
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.