Extra, Extra: All The Local (And Sometimes Tragic) Bear News That's Fit To Print
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A bear was euthanized after being hit by a car in La Canada Flintridge.
- A bear broke into a Monrovia home and raided the fridge for pork loin
- A San Diego photographer was killed in a rare bear attack in Denali National Park (up in Alaska)
- The shrooming comedian on "Price Is Right" got grilled on KPCC
- There were about a zillion earthquakes (not an official number) near the border of Mexico today, but the USGS says this sort of "swarm" is typical for the area, so you don't need to be any more worried about the Big One than usual
- Mitt Romney shelled out $500,000 for Journey to play at a campaign event
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).