This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: All The Local (And Sometimes Tragic) Bear News That's Fit To Print
- A bear was euthanized after being hit by a car in La Canada Flintridge.
- A bear broke into a Monrovia home and raided the fridge for pork loin
- A San Diego photographer was killed in a rare bear attack in Denali National Park (up in Alaska)
- The shrooming comedian on "Price Is Right" got grilled on KPCC
- There were about a zillion earthquakes (not an official number) near the border of Mexico today, but the USGS says this sort of "swarm" is typical for the area, so you don't need to be any more worried about the Big One than usual
- Mitt Romney shelled out $500,000 for Journey to play at a campaign event
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).