This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: More Scoops For You to Lick!
- Serious WTF of the day: A man allegedly stabbed a service dog in Venice Beach. LA Weekly has video.
- Have job, will travel: Michael Strahan is selling his Hermosa Beach pad to move to NY to co-host "Live" with Kelly Ripa.
- Protesters in Anaheim are holding a sit-in at City Hall tonight.
- Hooray! There's another Scoops in town: The Highland Park location is open for biz!
- Looks like the OC Register is in the market for a new food critic, and they're making offers...on Twitter.
- Are you getting better cellphone reception in Altadena? Here's why.
- On the off-chance you were wondering what "Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Munoz has been up to, part of the answer is drumming in a rock band.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).