This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Living On Martian Time
- A 9-year-old boy was injured in a shooting last night
- Burbank has the nation's most affordable airport, according to this list
- Twitter warfare broke out after an actor called Robert Pattinson a "douche"
- The entire family of a JPL staffer switched over to Martian time this summer
- Madonna was sued in Russia for supporting gay rights
- Read this in case you're interested in buying an island
- Teen pregnancy is declining, but the national rate is still high compared to other industrialized nations
- A woman found dead in a Chatsworth bungalow was identified
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).