This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Tom Cruise's Issues With the New 'Scientology' Movie
- A young councilman in Malibu had a scuffle with security officers and ended up getting taken in for a psychiatric evaluation
- Photo: lots of police and news crews in front of movie theaters these days
- What if you could DJ at a park bench?
- Sources say the "Dark Knight" massacre suspect was on vicodin at time of shooting
- How people remember the shooter
- Surprise! Radar says Tom Cruise has problems with the new PT Anderson Scientology movie
- An old Telegraph story about the last Dark Knight movie that seems prescient
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.