This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Sorry, No Lotus Festival This Year
- Echo Park Now says there is definitely no Lotus Festival this year.
- The LAUSD is poised to spend up to $400,000 reviewing thousands of files of teachers suspected of misconduct.
- Is "Top Chef" coming back to L.A. next season? Nope. All signs point to Seattle.
- There are two more Marriott hotels headed to Downtown at L.A. Live. Um, yay?
- Check out this short list of L.A. novels compiled by former LAist Associate Editor Callie Miller on her blog.
- Speaking of cool lists, we're digging these "Near Perfect Fan Made Movie Posters" on L.A. I'm Yours.
- Out in Victorville, an intoxicated mom is accused of repeatedly dropping her baby on his head.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).