Extra, Extra: Sorry, No Lotus Festival This Year
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Echo Park Now says there is definitely no Lotus Festival this year.
- The LAUSD is poised to spend up to $400,000 reviewing thousands of files of teachers suspected of misconduct.
- Is "Top Chef" coming back to L.A. next season? Nope. All signs point to Seattle.
- There are two more Marriott hotels headed to Downtown at L.A. Live. Um, yay?
- Check out this short list of L.A. novels compiled by former LAist Associate Editor Callie Miller on her blog.
- Speaking of cool lists, we're digging these "Near Perfect Fan Made Movie Posters" on L.A. I'm Yours.
- Out in Victorville, an intoxicated mom is accused of repeatedly dropping her baby on his head.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).