This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Woman Plans on Running 52 Marathons This Year
- God bless her joints: a woman plans on running 52 races in 52 weeks for cancer research
- Failing charter school threatens blog with legal action
- Two were killed after a car crashed into a taco truck in Boyle Heights
- King Eddy's Saloon is changing hands
- Drunk driver asks JPL security guard to shoot him
- There's a purse-snatcher loose on the streets of downtown
- A pedestrian died after being hit twice in South Los Angeles