Extra, Extra: Nearly 1 out of 10 People Killed in L.A. County Were Killed By Police
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Analysis of officer-involved shootings showing 1 out of 10 people killed in L.A. county were killed by cops
- A school in the Central Valley hung up a picture that a student drew declaring religious war
- A man was killed while cutting a palm tree
- A poor bear ran into a car and got a bloody nose
- The second night of the Electric Daisy Carnival was canceled because of high winds
- A Santa Monica cyclist is in bad shape after running into a car door
- Metrolink is resuming weekend service for beach trains
- A water official in Imperial County was caught allegedly smacking his son on tape
- Workers rescued a horse from a ditch in Norco
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).