This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Nearly 1 out of 10 People Killed in L.A. County Were Killed By Police
- Analysis of officer-involved shootings showing 1 out of 10 people killed in L.A. county were killed by cops
- A school in the Central Valley hung up a picture that a student drew declaring religious war
- A man was killed while cutting a palm tree
- A poor bear ran into a car and got a bloody nose
- The second night of the Electric Daisy Carnival was canceled because of high winds
- A Santa Monica cyclist is in bad shape after running into a car door
- Metrolink is resuming weekend service for beach trains
- A water official in Imperial County was caught allegedly smacking his son on tape
- Workers rescued a horse from a ditch in Norco
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).