This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: "Their tepid hearsay is a baseless static drone"
- TMZ asked Charlie Sheen if he was using drugs. His "reply" might just speak for itself (and need translating).
- Out in Rubidoux, a thirsty 16-pound bobcat was rescued from a home.
- A bar fight left one man dead in Redondo Beach.
- Several businesses along Ventura Boulevard in Tarzana had their windows smashed by vandals.
- RIP to actress Kathryn Joosten, who recently appeared on "Desperate Housewives." She was 72.
- More trouble for a San Gabriel Valley yogurt shop owner facing kidnapping charges, who now is also facing charges for possession of child pornography.
- The morning after GOOD magazine threw a fun local party, the publication laid off a handful of top-tier L.A.-based editors.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).