This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: L.A. Kids Aren't Competitive Spellers
- There's a new school garden growing at a Glassell Park elementary school. Yay!
- Meet a 13-year-old OC surfer who hasn't missed a day in the waves in a year.
- As it turns out, the teen who died of drug-related causes after attending the Electric Daisy Carnival didn't have a ticket for the event, and willingly ingested the ecstasy that played a part in ending her young life.
- L.A.'s youngsters aren't really great spellers this year.
- Two UC schools rank in the top 10 of "young" universities in the nation.
- There's a new
mouseman in charge at Disney Studios.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram