This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Is Gay Marriage Like Sushi?
- Social psychologist and self-proclaimed morality expert Jonathan Haidt explains why he thinks gay marriage is sort of like sushi in this video
- We're glad to see that Caine of Caine's Arcade is still acting like a goofy kid despite all the attention
- The Los Angeles Times got a grant to cover...Los Angeles
- Los Angeles has a new pop-up stage
- Chloe Sevigny complains about her prosthetic penis
- Trutanich's call to have the DA's office investigated gets rejected
- Downtown Long Beach is yuppifying
- We still don't know why rocks spontaneously burst into flames in a woman's pocket
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).