Extra, Extra: A Diss, a DUI, and Downtown Downey
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- JSYK: Amanda Bynes' day in court for her DUI charges has been set for June 6.
- In Long Beach, a father and son have been found dead in what appears to be a murder-suicide.
- Oooooo: Kobe Bryant reportedly dissed the Detroit Pistons after the Lakers lost the playoffs last night to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Jerry Seinfeld recently revealed what his favorite episode of "Seinfeld" is. What's yours?
- Art lovers, rejoice: The city of Downey is on their way to getting a new gallery.
- Food and wine lovers may be interested to know that Lou Wine Bar has been re-born under new ownership as BOSC.
- Headline of the day goes to the OC Weekly: "The Case of the Cross Dresser, Cocaine, Lovely Lingerie, Frying Pan & Horrified Woman"
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).