This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Endorsements for the District Attorney's Race
- District Attorney endorsements: The Los Angeles Times endorsed Jackie Lacey, and the Daily News says anyone but Carmen Trutanich sounds good to them
- Bicyclist falls into a canyon and was seriously injured
- The amazing artist Frank Romero shows off new work in Highland Park
- Fairfax High School students help a recently paralyzed classmate
- Girl, what are you wearing?
- A video shows how bicycles were made in 1945
- Labor groups claim layoffs in Los Angeles are hitting women especially hard
- Scholastic plans to publish book written by Burbank students
- A suggestion for Time's breastfeeding mom cover
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.