Extra, Extra: Kobe's Mask for Sale, Mapping the Riots, & a Goat Who Still Needs a Home
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The anniversary of the start of the 1992 L.A. Riots has passed, but the tensions unfolded over several days at the time. Today, KCET Departures has "Mapping the L.A. Riots & More."
- Burbank has a new mayor.
- Speaking of Burbank, we're loving the story about a middle school there where the students cook their lunches uses veggies grown in their campus garden. More of that, please! (Ahem, you listening, LAUSD?)
- Animal adoption update: Pebbles the goat is still looking for her forever home!
- A student at John Muir High School in Pasadena brought a fake gun to school, and the campus was on lockdown for a couple of hours this morning.
- Kobe Bryant is auctioning off the mask he wore during a game for charity.
- For those who are so inclined: XIV is making a comeback, LA!
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).