This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Appropriate Ways to Commemorate the L.A. Riots
- La Angelena is doing a bang-up job compiling an online guide (via Pinterest) to all the coverage in the run-up to the 20th anniversary of the L.A. riots
- Which Way, LA? which was a show created in response to the riots is also celebrating its 20th anniversary
- Here's an inappropriate way to commemorate the riots: You can buy a T-shirt saying you survived
- Coalition claims that Magic Mountain is polluting the water
- LiLo was reportedly a "nightmare" on the set of Glee
- Disney needs a new chairman
- Supper surfing brings strangers across the city together
- Stalker Sarah is sort of fascinating
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics)