This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Seafood Recall, Armenian Language on the Ballot & Science Project Rescue
- A local seafood company is recalling orders over concerns of botulism
- Armenian might finally be added to official list of translations for Los Angeles elections
- Not a shocker: Los Angeles has the worst smog in the nation
- Firefighters rescued a kid's science project from a tree
- LiLo goes to the White House correspondents' dinner
- Tina Dupuy is leaving Los Angeles for New York
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook , and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports . You can also find us on Pinterest , Storify , Foursquare , and Instagram (laistpics).
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.