This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: So Who Got to (Legally) Touch the Hollywood Sign?
- So who won the national online sweepstakes to touch the Hollywood sign? Someone who had to drive all the way from Los Feliz (note the sarcasm, folks)
- A new scorpion species was discovered in Death Valley
- Beverly Hills is actually trying to lure more shoppers
- Facebook took down a breast-feeding mom's page and then changed its mind after it became a story
- Got a green thumb? You can help out some schools in Echo Park
- "Variety" is for sale
- Kim Kardashian called her flour-bomber a "bully"
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics)