This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Turkey Hunt is Happening, a Rehab Situation, Depp and Manson are "So Vain" Together
- A judge says this weekend's planned Turkey Hunt in San Diego is going to happen.
- Uh oh! "Jersey Shore" housemate Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino has checked into rehab.
- Streetsblog LA chats with a Watts theatre director who uses transit-oriented spaces for his troupe's performances.
- Unfortunately, we learned today author Joan Didion's April 14th appearance at UCLA has been canceled.
- Meet the Hermosa Beach teen whose fantasy novel has recently been published.
- Kevin Costner has some issues with a South Dakota sculptor's buffalo.
- It's an unusual collaboration, on an unusual project: Johnny Depp and Marilyn Manson are recording a cover of the Carly Simon hit "You're So Vain."
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).