This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Protesters Target Fullerton Jail, Jan Perry (Sort Of) Apologizes, Shanghai Woman Pole Dances on the Subway
- Jan Perry apologizes for criticizing the redistricting process
- Has ARCO's withdrawal from Southern California been blown out of proportion? A spokesman thinks so
- Six facts about St. Patrick's Day
- Protest held over man's suicide in a Fullerton jail
- Even though Mike Daisey lied (or as he said: "used the tools of theater") on a This American Life episode, his larger point about working conditions in China still stands
- A woman in Shanghai pole dances on a subway (probably NSFW)
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.