This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Green LA Girl Says Goodbye
- Green LA Girl signs off from her blog
- Those new districts approved today could attract lawsuits
- Prostitution arrests are, like, way up in the Valley
- Watch the moon get pounded by asteroids
- The woman who had to pay her rapist alimony wants a law that would change that
- Those 1-800-GET-THIN billboards are coming down
- Sprinkles cupcake "ATM" has some competition at SXSW
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.