This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: There's No Pier in Studio City, Ron Swanson Lives (Online!), & Where to Celebrate Mardi Gras Tonight
- Looking to explore the great outdoors in the OC? Travelin' Local helps you figure out which park is best for you.
- Oh, and speaking of the OC, Stick a Fork in It has an infographic covering "Where Food Trucks Would Be Banned in OC If AB1678 Passes"
- Things are slooooooowly inching forward for that 101 Freeway "Cap" park project.
- If you're an artistic music lover, you may want to enter the contest to design a t-shirt for Amoeba for Record Store Day.
- Wait a minute: There's no pier in Studio City! (Patch explains.)
- The Jewish Journal takes a close look at the recent Limmud LA event.
- Did you know that Ron Swanson (yep, the "Parks and Recreation" character played by Nick Offerman) has his own IMDB page?
- It's Mardi Gras! If you're looking for some last minute plans tonight, Squid Ink has a roundup of 10 restaurants where you can let the "bon temps" roll.