This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Bizarre Pot Shenanigans, Drink This LA, & the "City's Misplaced Heart"
- There are some "Bizarre Costa Mesa Pot Shenanigans" behind a protest planned for their city council meeting tonight.
- A gang member was sentenced to six years for stealing a girl's puppy in 2010 in the City of Industry.
- Wondering where to go for a drink, Angelenos? Check out Caroline on Crack's picks for over 50 great bars in town via a new iPhone & iPad app, Drink This LA city guide.
- Metro's Red Line stations are getting some "fancy new hats," otherwise known as canopies, over their entrances.
- L.A. Mayoral candidate Kevin James has published his reaction to the Mark Berndt/Miramonte Elementary school abuse scandal.
- NOW is the time to buy scalped Coachella tickets, per some snazzy looking graphs.
- Get schooled on the story of the Los Angeles Plaza, what KCET's LA as Subject calls the "city's misplaced heart."