This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Homeboy Shoutout, Madonna's Nervous, & "Death By Los Angeles"
- L.A.'s gang-to-jobs work program Homeboy Industries gets a shout out in the Huffington Post.
- DC Comics is getting a new logo.
- They're "young and mostly white actresses": Time for the Vanity Fair Hollywood cover!
- Music legend Madonna admits she's "nervous" about her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show, but when asked what she'd be doing for her performance, she'd only reveal that she'd be "singing."
- KCET has released their terrific field guide to Highland Park. Now go forth an explore!
- Uh oh: A "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" star was busted for a DUI.
- Have you been keeping up with the Ludo Baby Bites recipe videos? A new installment is out today, but the real star of the vid might be Chef Ludo's infant son, who takes some Shepherd's Pie for an adorable taste drive.
- KPCC's Pacific Swell blog ponders: "Death by Los Angeles: is modern life killing you?"
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports.