Extra, Extra: Fullerton City Council Recall Effort, Best and Worst TV Sports Anchors & Julie the Chimp's Checkered Past
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- UPDATED at 6:11 pm: Paterno family spokesman Dan McGinn tells the AP that reports of former Penn State coach's death are 'not true'
- Julie the latest chimp to arrive in L.A. is a handful but she's not the Lindsay Lohan of the zoo
- Signatures in the effort to recall three city council members over their handling of the Kelly Thomas case still need to be verified
- Best and worst TV sports anchors/reporters in L.A. ranked
- Iran has banned Barbies and little girls hate the replacements
- Local City Hall columnist Bill Boyarsky likes mayoral candidate Austin Beutner's take on weak city ethics regulations
- The Arboretum is hosting a mushroom identification class