This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Bon Iver Workout, Unspent Gift Cards, & Where to Eat and Drink On New Year's Eve
- Three local photographers, including LAisters Melissa Esterby and Joey Maloney, have put together a site to showcase a series of portraits they took at the Occupy LA City Hall encampment.
- Did you know there are $41 billion worth in gift cards not redeemed since 2005? Check your wallets, yo!
- Big Corona Beach at Corona Del Mar will become a marine protected area.
- Would you like to stretch and sculpt and tone to a workout DVD featuring the dulcet, hipstery tones of Bon Iver?
- Eater LA has put together a map and mini-guide to 9 places around the city where you can dine and drink to ring in 2012.
- Today's the day Oscar ballots go out in the mail.
- That "Taylor Lautner is gay" People mag cover is a fake.