Extra, Extra: The Bon Iver Workout, Unspent Gift Cards, & Where to Eat and Drink On New Year's Eve
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Three local photographers, including LAisters Melissa Esterby and Joey Maloney, have put together a site to showcase a series of portraits they took at the Occupy LA City Hall encampment.
- Did you know there are $41 billion worth in gift cards not redeemed since 2005? Check your wallets, yo!
- Big Corona Beach at Corona Del Mar will become a marine protected area.
- Would you like to stretch and sculpt and tone to a workout DVD featuring the dulcet, hipstery tones of Bon Iver?
- Eater LA has put together a map and mini-guide to 9 places around the city where you can dine and drink to ring in 2012.
- Today's the day Oscar ballots go out in the mail.
- That "Taylor Lautner is gay" People mag cover is a fake.