Extra, Extra: The Bon Iver Workout, Unspent Gift Cards, & Where to Eat and Drink On New Year's Eve
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Three local photographers, including LAisters Melissa Esterby and Joey Maloney, have put together a site to showcase a series of portraits they took at the Occupy LA City Hall encampment.
- Did you know there are $41 billion worth in gift cards not redeemed since 2005? Check your wallets, yo!
- Big Corona Beach at Corona Del Mar will become a marine protected area.
- Would you like to stretch and sculpt and tone to a workout DVD featuring the dulcet, hipstery tones of Bon Iver?
- Eater LA has put together a map and mini-guide to 9 places around the city where you can dine and drink to ring in 2012.
- Today's the day Oscar ballots go out in the mail.
- That "Taylor Lautner is gay" People mag cover is a fake.