Extra, Extra: Etta James Still Hanging On, More Erosion in San Pedro & Whiny KTLA Anchor Annoys Intern
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Etta James is in the hospital, but she's still hanging on, her son says.
- Those cracks near the part of San Pedro that fell into the sea are only widening, a report says.
- 2011 has been a banner year for Rebecca Black and it looks like she's getting savvier.
- The LA Weekly notes that the LAPD dumped a report about why shooting a naked man was justified just before the holiday weekend.
- Shoppers at Fashion Island say they need Salvation Army bells to remind them that it's the holiday season.
- That KTLA reporter who whined about his assignment on live TV tried (and failed) to get an intern to give him a massage on-air.
- A burned Chinese orphan arrived in the US to get surgery and a new family.