Extra, Extra: Best LA Albums of 2011, Forever 21 in France, & a Community Garden Will Grow in Hollywood
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Radio free Silver Lake has named their picks for the Best LA Albums of 2011.
- It took some time to ID a man found dead at a Studio City Fountain, and now Patch has a look at the man's troubled life.
- We gave 'em Jerry Lewis, McDonald's and now Forever 21. Yep, the bargain trendy youth-oriented L.A. clothing chain is headed to France.
- LA TACO has a Street Skating "Holiday in L.A." video.
- Squid Ink (and onetime LAister, holla!) writer Elina Shatkin ate 30 Sandwiches in 30 Days and lived to tell. Now here's the map of her foodventure.
- An ATM stolen by suspects driving a stolen truck in Laguna Hills has been found, but the money wasn't in it. (Surprised?)
- A little abandoned lot in Hollywood is getting a new life as a community garden.