Extra, Extra: Best LA Albums of 2011, Forever 21 in France, & a Community Garden Will Grow in Hollywood
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Radio free Silver Lake has named their picks for the Best LA Albums of 2011.
- It took some time to ID a man found dead at a Studio City Fountain, and now Patch has a look at the man's troubled life.
- We gave 'em Jerry Lewis, McDonald's and now Forever 21. Yep, the bargain trendy youth-oriented L.A. clothing chain is headed to France.
- LA TACO has a Street Skating "Holiday in L.A." video.
- Squid Ink (and onetime LAister, holla!) writer Elina Shatkin ate 30 Sandwiches in 30 Days and lived to tell. Now here's the map of her foodventure.
- An ATM stolen by suspects driving a stolen truck in Laguna Hills has been found, but the money wasn't in it. (Surprised?)
- A little abandoned lot in Hollywood is getting a new life as a community garden.