Extra, Extra: Best Celeb Mugshots, 60 Years Ago on the 101 Freeway, & Happy Hanukkah!
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- What were the best celebrity mugshots of 2011?
- Blogdowntown celebrates the 60th anniversary of the opening of the 101 Freeway through the Civic Center.
- Architect Gene R. Summers, credited with a vital restoration of the Biltmore and who inspired revitalization in Downtown L.A., has died.
- Feeling generous? We're digging this Kickstarter campaign in support of a local school garden project.
- The Eastsider LA takes a look at Heritage Square, which was recently declared a city cultural and historic landmark.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein is seeking a review of procedures at LAX to determine why there are so many delays in customs and immigration for passengers.
- Headline of the day, courtesy the HuffPo: "Candy Spelling's Dog Depressed By Mansion Downgrade."
- Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, so to all who are celebrating, we at LAist wish you a healthy and joyous Festival of Lights!