Extra, Extra: Best Celeb Mugshots, 60 Years Ago on the 101 Freeway, & Happy Hanukkah!
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- What were the best celebrity mugshots of 2011?
- Blogdowntown celebrates the 60th anniversary of the opening of the 101 Freeway through the Civic Center.
- Architect Gene R. Summers, credited with a vital restoration of the Biltmore and who inspired revitalization in Downtown L.A., has died.
- Feeling generous? We're digging this Kickstarter campaign in support of a local school garden project.
- The Eastsider LA takes a look at Heritage Square, which was recently declared a city cultural and historic landmark.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein is seeking a review of procedures at LAX to determine why there are so many delays in customs and immigration for passengers.
- Headline of the day, courtesy the HuffPo: "Candy Spelling's Dog Depressed By Mansion Downgrade."
- Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, so to all who are celebrating, we at LAist wish you a healthy and joyous Festival of Lights!