Extra, Extra: Restaurant Workers' Revenge, SB 405 Closure Tonight, & Who Is Tops in Coffee
LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Read of the Day: "A Recent History of Restaurant Employees Writing Nasty Things About Customers" on Grub Street L.A.
- Catch up on plans for the "Bikeification" of a few Westside communities.
- The US Postal Service says they will delay closing post office locations until May.
- Manhattan Beach's planning commission are set to discuss rules about where food trucks can (and can't) park there during their meeting tomorrow.
- Big heads up: The Southbound 405 Freeway from the 101 to Getty Center Drive will be closed tonight.
- The Critics Choice Awards announced their nominations today.
- Today the L.A. City Council voted unanimously in favor of an ordinance to limit vending and noise on the Venice Boardwalk.
- The CEO of Intelligentsia, Doug Zell, has been named coffee's top power player.
- Speaking of beverages, the price of California wines is expected to go up in the near future.